- 2 cups of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup organic coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 large egg
- Melt your butter in a medium bowl.
- Toss in the coconut flakes and stir. Add your sugar and stir.
- Finally add the egg and stir until moistened.
- Bake on a parchment-lined cookie sheet for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F until lightly browned (be sure to start watching them at 12 minutes - your oven may be hotter than average).
- Let cool completely before dipping.
Chocolate for Dipping:
- 12 ounces of either dark (70% or as high as 85%) chocolate, milk chocolate or white chocolate - whatever you prefer.
- Melt and temper your chocolate. Temper it according to the instructions on this page: http://ultimatechocolateblog.blogspot.ca/2014/04/there-is-more-than-one-method-to-temper.html.
- Dip each cookie half-way or completely in the chocolate. Let cool on a piece of waxed paper until the chocolate is solid.
You can also freeze these in an airtight container for up to two months.
|Dip these cookies in a variety of chocolate types |
to satisfy every member of your family!