Thursday, January 16, 2014

Fun-Flavoured Chocolate to Melt Away Your Winter Blues

If you live in California, or Florida, or any other warm-weathered place that leaves you confused when you hear the phrase "winter blues", then this article is definitely not for you.  Unless, of course, you just love fun-flavoured chocolate. In that case, read on with the rest of us folks who are experiencing the real-life version of Disney's movie Frozen right now.

In order to get through Canada's snowy, blistery, and cold weather for four months a year, little pick-me-ups are necessary.  Whether that be a trip to the spa, dishing up some warm winter comfort food or spending hours online reading about vacations in Southern France, is a matter of preference.  One great way to 'melt' away your winter blues is by tasting new and fun flavours of chocolate. Here are two that I have tried this week that can definitely be classified as 'fun' and great pick-me-ups on snowy days:


The Bacon with Almond chocolate bar by Araya Artisan Chocolate. This Texas-based chocolate company strives to "deliver an exceptional gastronomic experience in each of its creations" and I have to agree. At first glance, I thought "bacon and almond?" I am all for bacon and chocolate, thanks to Vosges' Mo's Bacon Bar, but I was not so sure about the almond flavour with the bacon flavour.  So I tested the theory by making a little meal of bacon and roasted almonds.  Surprisingly, they tasted great together!


And so did the chocolate bar.  With subtle hints of bacon flavour and a slight crunch from the tiny pieces of almond, this wonderful dark-milk Venezuelan chocolate is both rich-tasting and melt-in-your-mouth good.  If you want to experience this fun flavour, you do not need to go to Texas to get it - you can order online! Or see below for more details on this chocolate.



Vancouver-based chocolate brand, Zazubean, is known for its fun name and flavour combinations.  And what better mood enhancer than a chocolate bar called 'Cheeky, Be the Sassy Banana', with salted toffee and banana as the featured flavours in a 70% dark chocolate with Maca (a medicinal herb known as a natural aphrodisiac could certainly be considered a winter pick-me-up). This chocolate is dark, but with a slightly sweet crunch and just a hint of banana flavour. 



As a bonus, there is no artificial flavour in this chocolate bar, and the chocolate is both Fair Trade and Organic. Learn more details online: http://zazubean.com/chocolate/cheeky/. Zazubean can also now be found at Loblaw's Superstores!

Here are the package details of the chocolate bars listed here today:


Bacon with: Almond, 41% Milk Chocolate
araya artisanchocolate, Katy, TX, U.S.A.
www.arayachocolate.com
Ingredients: Dark milk Venezuelan chocolate, bacon flavoured chips, almonds, shimmer powder. Allergens: soy Lecithin, milk proteins and peanuts. May contain traces of peanuts and tree nuts.


'cheeky' Be the Sassy Banana, Salted Toffee & Banana, 100 g
Organic Dark Chocolate, Dominican Republic & Ecuador
Zazubean (Vancouver, B.C., Canada)
www.zazubean.com
Ingredients:  Cocoa mass*+, cane sugar*+, toffee*+(cane sugar*+, whole milk powder*), cocoa butter*+, bananas*, sea salt, Maca*, vanilla*+
+Fair Trade certified
*Organic
Contains milk.  May contain traces of nuts and peanuts.

5 comments:

  1. If it's not too much trouble note that liquefying chocolate isn't equivalent to treating chocolate. Tempered chocolate has been dependent upon specific temperatures and strategies that modify its science. Veteran Ranger Fallout Coat Treating produces the surface and sheen we anticipate from fine chocolate confections. To temper chocolate, counsel a sweets cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Custom Homework Writer assignment writers across the globe are well trained in their chosen field of study which reflects in multiple offer. It is important to choose the best one among the many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don’t believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +15068001647
    you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

    ReplyDelete
  4. ecommerce trends Here comes a question, then why so much shopping ad spend goes to waste? Well this is due to the e-commerce trends that make brands spend more on their advertising

    ReplyDelete
  5. best time management apps It allows you to create agendas and schedules with ease. The app helps you to create engaging events and makes communication with attendees a breeze.

    ReplyDelete