Friday, February 17, 2012

Dancing in Your Head with Green Tangerine Chocolate

I love funky chocolate combinations.  Last week I was snacking on Theo's Bread & Chocolate bar and Coconut Curry Milk Chocolate bar, and today I am tasting the zesty, lime-flavoured Soma chocolate bar called Green Tangerine.
The chocolate is wonderfully smooth and the colour of the chocolate is gorgeous.  There is a strong lime flavour combined with very strong Madagascar cacao flavours.  The two words that come to my mind are 'extreme tang'. The whole flavour is very bitter and zesty at the same time. This is one of the more interesting chocolate bars that I have tasted in a while.
I have to say, Soma's Green Tangerine is one of the sunniest, happiest Madagascar chocolate that I have ever tasted. Not that single origin Madagascar chocolate is not sunny and happy, it just has a bold, intense flavour that I would not normally describe as 'sunny'.

And speaking of bold and intense flavours, I have been tasting another of Soma's creations this week, which is the Microbatch Dancing in Your Head 70% dark chocolate bar. It does have a molasses flavour, as the package describes.  As for the texture? It is smooth, melt-in-your mouth and creamy, just like the Green Tangerine bar and Soma's 100% Arcana bar that I tasted last month. It  lacks a cocoa-y flavour and the earthy organic flavour that some microbatch bars have, but instead offers the full flavours of all the mixed beans that are used to create this chocolate bar (made from beans from: Grenada, Papua New Guinea, Hawaii, Haiti and Organic Sambirano from Madagascar). So if you like bold, dark chocolate with intense favours, then this bar is for you. 

With each tasting of their chocolate bars, Soma is quickly becoming one of my favourite chocolate makers.  Read another review of Soma's chocolate here.

Here are the details on the two chocolate bars that I tasted this week:

Green Tangerine 66%, 80g
SOMA chocolatemaker (Toronto, Canada)
http://www.somachocolate.com/
Ingredients: cacao beans, organic cane sugar, cocoa butter, all natural ingredients, may contain trace amounts of nuts, gluten, soy & dairy.
Bean Origin: Madagascar.  Bean Type: Trinitario/Criollo (I love that they write this on the package!)

Microbatch Dancing in Your Head 70%, 80g
SOMA chocolatemaker (Toronto, Canada)
http://www.somachocolate.com/
Ingredients: cacao beans, organic cane sugar, cocoa butter, all natural ingredients, may contain trace amounts of nuts, gluten, soy & dairy. Bean Origin: Grenada, Papua New Guinea, Hawaii, Haiti and Organic Sambirano from Madagascar. Bean Type: Trinitario, Forestero, Criollo.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed of HUMAN PAPILLOMA VIRUS (HPV) four years ago. I was so perplexed, because i have been taking several drugs, all to no avail. One faithful morning i came across a testimony of how Mr. Isibor herbs works wonders in curing all kinds of disease so immediately i contacted him on his email address and explained my troubles and pains to him which he assured me that he will cure me, A day after i received a package and how to apply it which i followed. it was like a dream to me when I discovered that the HPV was totally gone. I'm glad to say this in public and i believe that God heals his chili den through man.

    Contact him for me For more info: WhatsApp Contact +2347083847535

    Website: https://doctorisibor3.wixsite.com/doctorisiborhome

    Email Address: doctorisibor3@gmail.com



    I'm grateful to dr Isibor.

    ReplyDelete