Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Breakfast anyone?

Seeing as I was tasting a Ritter Sport milk chocolate bar earlier this week, I thought it might be a good idea to try another Ritter Sport bar today.  And I am certain that I have never tried it before:  Ritter Sport White Chocolate with Whole Hazelnuts

The front of the package says "with crunchy roasted whole hazelnuts" but really the crunch comes from crispy rice pieces. These pieces make the bottom of the chocolate bar look a little funky if you open it bottom-side up (see below for the pic...yikes) but they add a nice crunchy texture to the chocolate.

When I looked at the package, my first thought was: "This is breakfast!" since my usual breakfast is a rice cake with pure hazelnut butter, accompanied by a dark-roast coffee with cream.  The ingredients for this chocolate bar include everything but the coffee: 9% cream powder, 23% hazelnuts, rice.... However, once I tasted it, I realized it was a bit too sweet for breakfast. And after a few pieces I have a sugar high (it is not even 9:00 a.m. yet!).

Although it is quite sweet, it is very good.  I love the crunch and the hazelnuts.  Although for me, I would prefer the same hazelnuts and rice pieces in a 70% dark chocolate bar made from single origin cacao beans.  But for you white chocolate lovers out there who are not as picky, I highly recommend trying this chocolate bar.

Here are the package details, followed by links to other Ritter Sport product reviews:

Ritter Sport White Chocolate with Whole Hazelnuts, 100 g
Alfred Ritter GmbH & Co. KG (Germany)
http://www.ritter-sport.com/
Ingredients: sugar, hazelnuts, cocoa butter, cream powder (9%), skimmed milk powder, whey powder (milk), lactose (milk), rice flour, soy lecithin, salt, flavour (natural), barley malt.  May contain traces of peanuts, other nuts and wheat.




Read about Ritter Sport 71% dark chocolate:
http://ultimatechocolateblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/chocolate-bars-with-no-soy-lecithin-are.html

Read about Ritter Sport Milk Chocolate:
http://ultimatechocolateblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/lunch-bag-friendly-milk-chocolate.html

5 comments:

  1. It’s really great information for becoming a better Blogger. Keep sharing, Thanks. For more details to visit soya lecithin powder manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, for such a great post. I have tried and found it really helpful. For more details to visit soy lecithin powder bulk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed of HUMAN PAPILLOMA VIRUS (HPV) four years ago. I was so perplexed, because i have been taking several drugs, all to no avail. One faithful morning i came across a testimony of how Mr. Isibor herbs works wonders in curing all kinds of disease so immediately i contacted him on his email address and explained my troubles and pains to him which he assured me that he will cure me, A day after i received a package and how to apply it which i followed. it was like a dream to me when I discovered that the HPV was totally gone. I'm glad to say this in public and i believe that God heals his children through man.

    Contact him for me For more info: WhatsApp Contact +2347083847535

    Website: https://doctorisibor3.wixsite.com/doctorisiborhome

    Email Address: doctorisibor3@gmail.com



    I'm grateful to dr Isibor.

    ReplyDelete